- Lien Search Requests
Lien Search Requests
* Beginning August 1, 2018, lien search requests will only be accepted using the new process described herein. Thereafter, any lien search requests received using the former method or application will be returned to customers.
A lien is a legal claim against the property. Lien Search Requests for properties within the City of Tamarac* can be submitted online, and include the following:
- Utility Billing
- Water and Sewer Balance**
- Garbage Fee Balance
- Account Deposits
- Building Permits
- Open Building Permits, including Permit Numbers, for the specified property
- Special Magistrate Cases (including violations, liens and case information)
- Code Enforcement
- Business Licenses
- Fire Prevention
- Housing Liens
- CDBG and SHIP Liens
- Other Monies Due the City
The cost for a Lien Search Request is a non-refundable fee of $159, can be paid online by credit card. Please allow seven (7) to ten (10) business days to process your Lien Search Request. A rush service is not available. Results will be emailed to the requestor upon completion.
* Lien searches are completed for properties only within the City of Tamarac, and results will only be provided for the property specified as part of the submission. The City of Tamarac’s online Lien Search Requests system is provided as a service to the public. Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, but use of this site shall constitute acceptance of the limitation that the City of Tamarac cannot guarantee that the information as provided is accurate. By using this site or the information available herein, the user further acknowledges that the information provided should not be relied on for legal purposes. The City of Tamarac shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information obtained by the lien search. There may be other liens or obligations assessed against the property imposed by other agencies. You may contact those agencies regarding such other obligations or liens. For assistance in identifying the property address and Parcel ID, please visit the Broward County Property Appraiser (BCPA).
** Final utility bills are rendered four (4) to six (6) weeks after closing a former utility account. A balance update is available within sixty (60) of the lien search request at no additional charge. For further information, please contact the Financial Services Department, Customer Service Division.