FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

A-Z guide to resident services; choose from the following categories to find the answers to your questions.  

The owner of the property abutting the swale or street is required by Code to maintain the landscaping (for example, hedges) and sidewalks. If your neighbor's tree is protruding onto your property, you can legally cut any part of any landscaping that is on your property; however, there is no legal requirement to cut a tree unless it is blocking a public right-of-way such as a street or sidewalk. If you are seeking to remove a tree, visit Broward County Tree Preservation Program or call (954) 519-1483 to obtain information about trees, the tree removal application process or to schedule a tree removal inspection.

Show All Answers

1. Landscaping
2. Lawns
3. Leaks
4. Legal Aid Services
5. Legislative Delegation
6. Library, Broward County Tamarac Branch
7. Lien Searches