An Update from the Mayor and Commission
Sunday, September 2, 2019 - 12:45 pm
Broward County remains under a tropical storm watch as Hurricane Dorian continues its path over the Bahamas. There is the potential for tropical storm-force gusts through Tuesday evening.
Local government closures and cancellations include:
- Tamarac City offices will be closed Tuesday, September 3. Residents with flooding concerns can call the Water Treatment Plant, which is always staffed: (954) 597-3775.
- Tamarac meetings and all recreational programs will be canceled Tuesday, September 3.
- Tamarac Parks and Recreation Board meeting scheduled Tuesday, September 3 has been canceled.
- Tamarac’s Planning Board meeting and Special Magistrate hearing scheduled for Wednesday, September 4, have been canceled.
- Broward County government offices will be closed Tuesday, September 3.
- Broward County Public Schools will be closed Tuesday, September 3.
- Broward Convention Center is closed.
- The County opened three special needs adult shelters and one pediatric special needs shelter. For information, call 311 or (954) 831-4000.
- Regular garbage collection and bulk pickup is canceled through Monday, September 2.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport closed Monday, September 2, at noon until further notice.
- Port Everglades is closed to all operations unless specifically approved by the U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port.
All necessary City staff are working today, monitoring conditions including canal levels and the storm’s path. We encourage residents to continue tracking the storm as well by monitoring the local news and www.nhc.noaa.gov.