Caporella Aquatic Center
The Aquatic Center
Enjoy the Caporella Aquatic Center amenities! The amenities include a 25 yard x 25 meter swimming pool with zero depth entry and avalanche slide, children's water playground (Sprayground), 3,000 square foot fitness room, men and women's locker rooms, picnic tables, chairs, large pavilion, and concession stand. The facility is located adjacent to Challenger Elementary and Millennium Middle Schools at, 9300 NW 58 Street, Tamarac, FL 33321
Pavilion rentals are also available at the Aquatic Center!
Monday - Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Slide and sprayground:
Monday - Friday 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm, Saturdays 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, and Sundays 10:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding summer, when hours are 10:00 am to 6:00 pm daily)
The pool is closed during the months of December, January, and February and reopens in March through to November.
Available year-round. Pool Fees Applicable.
Daily Fees (shown as resident/non-resident)
- Adults - $3.25/$3.75
- Senior/Student/Military - $2.25/$2.75
- Child 12 & under - $2.00/$2.50
Splash Cards Fees (10 visits)
- Adults - $29.25/$33.75
- Senior/Student/Military - $20.25/$24.75
- Child 12 & under - $18.00/$22.50
Annual Fee (residents only)
- Adults - $79.50
- Senior/Student/Military - $63.60
- Child 12 & under - $53.00
- Tot - Designed for children ages 3-5 years old. Introduction to water safety skills.
- Level 1 - Designed for children ages 5 years and older with minimal lesson experience. Participants will learn independent submersion, kicking, arm padding, floating, jumping, water adaption, blowing bubbles, underwater recovery, safe water entry and exit, water safety skills.
- Level 2 - Designed for children ages 5 years and older who have passed Level 1 skills and/or are older in age without past swimming experience. They will improve upon Level 1 skills while learning foundational swimming skills, such as; front crawl stroke, elementary backstroke, floating, glides, surface dives.
- Adult Level 1 - Designed for ages 13 and older. Participants will learn foundational swimming skills, such as; front float, back float, basic freestyle, backstroke, and endurance work.
All classes must have a minimum of four students to be held and will have a maximum of 6 students per class. Classes have a maximum of 12 students per level.
- Swim tests are required by all new participants prior to registration.
- A birth certificate is required for all new participants registering for Tot Level classes.
- Evening classes run 2x per week, 8 sessions in total. Saturday classes run 1x per week, 8 sessions in total.
Splash into FUN with our Swim Schedule.
Community First Aid and CPR Training
Learn first aid and community CPR today! Participants will learn hands on CPR training for adults, children, and infants, be educated on Automated External Defibrillator (AED) usage and taught basic first aid treatments. Course will be held at Fire Station 15, 6000 Hiatus Road, in the training room. Certification is a two-year credential. Classes are run by Ellis Education Services.
H20 Power Hour
Challenge yourself with interval based aquatic workout. Focus will be on increasing your fitness level while incorporation strength for the major muscle groups. All classes can be tailored to the individual's ability level. Come out and take a plunge into the challenge of H20 Power Hour!
When: Tuesday and Thursday, 6:15-7:00 p.m.
Fee: Residents $45.00; Non-residents $55 (for a 4-week session)
Proactive Arthritis Water Exercise Classes
Find comfort in the soothing waters of the Caporella Aquatic Center. Work on balance and coordination while increasing range of motion, joint flexibility, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness without causing strain. No swimming experience necessary.
- Fee is free to Senior Program Members and $4.00 for non-program members
- Classes are held Mondays & Wednesdays 9:30 am to 10:30 am (spring/summer schedule) or 10-11:00 a.m. (regular schedule)
- Proactive Arthritis Water Exercise flyer
Tamarac Swim Team
TS Aquatics offers a competitive swim team program for children ages 5-18 at the Caporella Aquatic Complex. Free tryouts are held Monday-Thursday, between 5-7 p.m. For additional information, please email or visit tsaquatics.com.