Streets And Signs
Street Maintenance Division is responsible for making sure our streets are safe for public use. The Street Division maintains and repairs all City owned streets, sidewalks, guardrails, and streetlights.
Our goal is to respond to all potholes within 24 hours of being notified. We take care of the problem initially by installing a temporary patching material. Then we prioritize the potholes by size, number and street traffic volume to see if more extensive repairs are warranted. (Report a pothole)
The City of Tamarac has established an Adopt-a-Street Program in collaboration with Broward County. Adopt-a-Street is a litter removal program, where individuals, companies, groups or organizations have the opportunity to adopt a half-mile stretch of street to clean up the public right-of-ways. If you are interested in adopting a street, begin by filling out an application (**Link to AAS PDF**). You can view available streets on this online map.
The Street Maintenance Division also coordinates with other agencies (FPL, County, FDOT) for the repair and maintenance of streetlights, guardrails, striping and signs. Any problem may be reported to the Streets Maintenance Division via the City’s Customer Request Tracking System, but residents may want to contact the responsible agency directly or to track the response to a reported issue.
Most streetlights within the City are maintained by other agencies such as FPL. However, the Streets Maintenance Division inspects streetlights on regular basis to ensure they are working properly. Report a problem with a streetlight, provide as much of the following information as possible.
- Complete address and intersecting street for location of pole
- Pole number located on street light pole
- What’s wrong with the light (completely out, on all the time, flickering, etc.)
Most street signs within the City of Tamarac are maintained by Broward County Traffic Engineering (BCTED). Report a problem with a street sign, provide as much of the following information as possible or Contact BCTED directly at (954) 847-2600 during normal business hours or (954) 765-5124 after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends.
- Address or intersection for location of sign.
- Please report missing or damaged Stop Signs immediately
- Please note that Broward County Traffic Engineering (BCTED) repairs downed, damaged or missing STOP signs and Yield signs as soon as possible. BCTED considers STOP signs and Yield sign as an emergency and we have crews available 24 hours a day 7 days a week, holidays included to repair these traffic control devices. During normal business hours (9 AM - 5PM) the contact number is (954) 847-2600 and after hours the number is (954) 765-5124. You should be speaking to a live person and not leave an e-mail or phone messages regarding downed, damaged or missing STOP signs and Yield signs.
All traffic lights within the City of Tamarac are maintained by Broward County Traffic Engineering (BCTED). Report a problem with a traffic light, provide as much of the following information as possible or Contact BCTED directly at (954) 847-2600 or by email.
- Intersection of malfunctioning light
- Contact BCTED at (954) 847-2600 or by email