Community Shuttle Service
Effective April 2, 2018 the Transit Fare will increase from $ .50 to $ .75 per trip and will be collected every time you board, including when transferring from one route to another. Riders making the connection with Broward County Transit are expected to pay the appropriate fares. Drivers are permitted to collect exact change fares only. No pennies, please. Drivers cannot make change, issue transfers, or accept Broward County Transit passes.
Hours of operation are: Red Route - Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm, and Red Extension - Tuesday & Thursday, 9am-5pm
Half Fare Program
On November 1, 2018, the City of Tamarac implemented a “half‐fare” policy on the Red Extension from 3pm to 5pm and on the Red Route from 6pm to 7pm. The “half‐fare” is 35‐cents per ride for Seniors (65+), persons with disabilities and Medicare Card Holders. Passengers must have valid proof of eligibility to use half fares. If you have any questions please contact our office at 954‐597‐3649.
Proof of Eligibility
- Seniors Age 65 and Older: Photo I.D. (with proof of age) or BCT Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card
- Persons with a Disability: Medicare Card or BCT Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card
- Medicare Cardholder: Medicare Card or BCT Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card
How to Obtain a BCT Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card
BCT offers a Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card to make it easier for persons age 65 years and older and disabled persons to qualify for the reduced bus fare.
Photographs for the Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card program are taken at the Broward Central Terminal, Broward Blvd. and Northwest 1st Ave., in downtown Fort Lauderdale Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9AM to 4PM (closed for lunch 12:30 to 1:30PM) at the Customer Service Center.
Seniors Age 65 years and Older
Must provide a valid driver’s license or government issued photo I.D. card showing proof of age
Persons with a Disability
Must provide a Medicare card or a dated letter from doctor (on Doctor’s letterhead) stating 50 percent or more permanent disability or a Social Security Award Letter (letter must have the wording ‘disabled individual’). All require a valid government issued photo I.D. too. All Medicare cards, doctor letters and Government issued photo I.D. cards must be originals. No copies will be accepted.
Reduced Fare Photo I.D. Card is FREE”
Buses operate as close to schedule as possible, although traffic conditions may cause the bus to arrive slightly early or late. Please allow yourself enough time when traveling. There is no service when under a hurricane warning.
Title VI Notice of Protections
- The City of Tamarac operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with Broward County Transit.
- For more information on the City of Tamarac’s civil rights program or to obtain a copy of the City of Tamarac Title VI Program Plan, contact the Director of Human Resources at 954-597-3601, Hearing Impaired: Florida Relay 1(800)955-8770 (Voice) or 1(800)-955-8771(TTY).
- For more information on Title VI procedures, to file a complaint and/or obtain a complaint form contact Broward County Transit (BCT) at (954) 357-8481, TTY (954) 357-8302, or visit BCT’s website at https://www.broward.org/BCT/Pages/TitleVI.aspx . You may also request information in writing to the Broward County Transportation Department, Transit Manager - Compliance, 1 North University Drive, 3100A, Plantation, FL 33324.
- If information is needed in another language, contact (954) 357-8481, TTY (954) 357-8302.
- View Spanish and Creole version here.
There is no service on Saturday, Sunday, or the following holidays observed by the City of Tamarac: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
The Tamarac Community Shuttle Service provides connections to BCT Routes 2, 11, 18, 55, 62 and 88, University Breeze, 441 Breeze, Lauderdale Lakes North-South Community Shuttle, and Lauderhill Route 4 Community Shuttle. BCT information is available online.
We are pleased to offer the full Tamarac Transit brochure featuring the Community Bus Service Route and Timetable.
*Google Transit Maps does not include Tamarac's routes.