Minor Home Repair Program
2019 Open Enrollment
August 19, 2019 @ 8 a.m. - August 30, 2019 @ 5 p.m.
The 2018 owner-occupied Minor Home Repair Program will utilize the lottery system. Once the Open Enrollment period is announced, applications will be accepted between those dates only. Once Open Enrollment is closed, staff will randomly draw names for applications to be reviewed for eligibility. If your name is drawn you will be required to submit pertinent documents necessary to verify your household income. You must respond within the given time periods or your application will be denied. This process will continue until all funds have been expended.
The owner-occupied Minor Home Repair Program will assist homeowners with home repairs to correct health and safety hazards, as well as address any building or code deficiencies of owner occupied properties.
A fee of $35, to cover the cost associated with satisfying the lien placed on your property as a result of participating in this program, will be required from all applicants at the time of contract signing.
- Applicants must meet the income requirements set by grant funding source(s).
- Property must be located within the City of Tamarac.
- Applicants required to sign Recapture Loan Document(s).
- Must be able to verify income and assets.
- This property must be primary residence and homesteaded.
2018 Maximum Household Income
Housing Program Contact
For more information regarding the Home Rehabilitation Program, please contact the Housing Division at 7525 NW 88th Avenue Room 206, Tamarac, FL 33321-2401
Funding Sources for the City of Tamarac HOME Rehabilitation program are as follows:
- Federal - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds
- County/Federal - Broward County Housing Finance and Community Development Division- HOME Funds
- State - Florida Housing Finance Corporation- State Housing Initiatives Program (SHIP) Funds
Please be advised that funding availability is dependent upon funding award from respective funding sources. Assignment of funding source is determined at income certification of eligible applicants.
It is unlawful to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, age, sex, familial status, national origin, or disability.