Types of Services We Offer
Main service areas that the Information Technology Department oversees include the following:
- IT Business Productivity Tools and User Support - By offering a number of modern software applications, the IT Department provides city staff with the business tools they need to provide the city’s customers with exceptional service. IT Department also provides the city staff with the technology implementation services in finding solutions to a multitude of business issues and provides support services to city staff with the systems in place.
- IT Infrastructure Management - Creating and sustaining a network requires constant attention. Quite frequently, as needs develop, changes are made to the underlying physical infrastructure, which includes the local area network, wide area network, wireless network, telecommunications network, and the associated hardware. The IT Department is tasked with managing the city’s IT infrastructure, assuring that improvements are implemented and managed properly.
- Network Management - On a daily basis, the IT staff manages and monitors the network for any issues. Using state-of-the-art technology, the goal is to make sure the city’s network remains in operation 24 hours a day.
- Systems Operations and Maintenance - In order for systems to continually operate at optimal performance, they must be fine-tuned and also have scheduled maintenance performed regularly. The IT Department monitors all systems judiciously and takes care in maintaining and tuning them for performance.
- Client Services - Providing Consulting Services, Professional Services and Managed Services, the City of Tamarac works with other local municipalities through Inter-Local Agreements (ILAs) to provide technology assistance. The Information Technology Department has provided a turnkey solution, replacing and enhancing the technology used by the Town of Southwest Ranches - including the network infrastructure, servers and software - and provides remote monitoring and information technology support services to maintain their environment. In addition, Tamarac IT Staff provides hosted services to the City of Dania Beach, the City of Lauderdale Lakes and the City of Lauderhill for online Lobbyist Registration and Disclosure Documents web applications. The City hosts the telephone system for the BSO Tamarac District Office as well as provides the infrastructure for the BSO Body Camera Program at Tamarac. And, the City provides and supports the computer and phones for the Tamarac Chamber of Commerce.