Compost Rebate Program
Composting is nature’s way of recycling items like fruit or vegetable scraps and yard trimmings. It provides valuable nutrients for garden soil and helps retain moisture, which saves water, prevents erosion, and loosens compacted soil for better drainage.
Residents who have recently purchased eligible composting equipment may qualify for a $50 rebate through the Tamarac Compost Rebate Program. Tamarac’s Compost Rebate Program allows residents to choose the composting unit suited for their household. For example, single-family homeowners may opt for an outdoor unit, while multifamily residents may purchase a counter-top unit.
Submit your application today. For more information, contact the Public Services Department at (954) 597-3700.
Rebate Program Eligibility and Guidelines
- The rebate must be submitted by a Tamarac resident who currently resides at the home, either a tenant or an owner-occupier.
- Landlords are not eligible to claim a rebate for their rental properties.
- The program is for residential customers only, commercial requests are not eligible.
- The original sales receipt must be dated between March 1, 2022, and September 30, 2022. Funds are limited, offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once funds are depleted, rebates are no longer available for the fiscal year and any unfunded applications will be returned to the applicant.
- The compost rebate is limited to one composting system per household, up to the value of $50. The rebate is linked to the address and not the individual resident.
- To be valid, residents must submit a copy of the invoice, an itemized receipt that includes the purchased composter, cost, date, name, and phone number of the store.
- Residents will receive a check for the rebate. If the purchase price, not including taxes, is less than the rebate amount, the rebate will be for the purchase price amount. The purchase price does not include installation, accessories or other items.
- Residents are responsible for following all City ordinances and regulations as they relate to nuisances, including, but not limited to, unpleasant odors.
- Residents must purchase and install a composter. The composter must be a new, finished composter sold solely for the purpose of creating compost. The customer must complete a rebate application form and submit it to the City of Tamarac’s Public Services Division, along with the original sales receipt.
- The composter must be securely covered and/or screened to restrict access by children, pets, rodents and insects.
- The outdoor composter may only be placed on the resident’s private property and may not be placed on common areas, and may be subject to additional restrictions, guidelines, and requirements of a homeowner’s association, property manager, etc.
- It is the residents’ responsibility to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for your approved rebate to arrive.
- The City of Tamarac is not a manufacturer, supplier, or guarantor of compost bins. The City makes no representations or warranties of any nature, directly or indirectly, expressly or implied, as to performance, reliability, performance, durability, condition, or quality of any compost bin or manufacturer.
- Tamarac Compost Rebate Program and program guidelines are subject to change without prior notice. The City reserves the right to refuse any application or rebate request for items that do not meet program requirements.
How to Apply
- Call the Public Services Division at (954) 597-3700 for printed rebate application packets.
- Complete rebate application and supporting documentation may be submitted electronically or by mail to:
City of Tamarac
Compost Rebate Program
Public Services Department
10101 State Street
Tamarac, FL 33321-6428
For information please contact the City of Tamarac Public Services Department at (954) 597-3700.